Being in California, when winter comes knocking at our door, it doesn’t tend to affect us too heavily. We still get to drive around on the same, dry, unsalted roads as we have before. However, the rest of the country isn’t always as lucky. Because of this, many think of winter as a time to hunker down and stay inside. But, because everyone else is also thinking of staying in, winter can be one of the best times to head out for a scenic drive.
CNN put together this list of the top ten scenic winter drives in America. While we can’t totally agree with this list, since none are in California, check out the list of Best Winter Drives below and see what you think!
1. Arches National Park
2. Badlands Loop Road, South Dakota
3. Cape Cod, Massachusetts
4. Parke County, Indiana
5. Northern Door County, Wisconsin
6. Lake Tahoe, Nevada
7. Lakes to Locks Passage, New York
8. Great Smoky National Park, Tennessee and North Carolina
9. Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming
10. The High Road to Taos, New Mexico